A GLOBAL INDUSTRY
The global tuition industry is thriving. Global Industry Analysts Inc, a worldwide business strategy and intelligence source, predict that by 2022 the global tuition industry will be worth around £175bn.
There is a growing demand from parents to ensure that their children get the best education possible. Many will spend a considerable amount of their hard-earned money to make sure their children achieve the highest grades possible to maximise their future life chances, to help them get into the best schools or to help them access the university places for their career choice.
- 25% of children in the UK receive private tuition during their years at school
- The UK spends the highest amount of any European country at 6.2% of GDP on private education as a whole, including tuition
- A YouGov poll in 2015 reported that tuition is used by families right across the social spectrum
What is driving the need for supplementary education?
- The failure of standard education systems to cater to the unique needs of students.
- The growing parental desire to secure the best possible education for their children in a highly competitive economy.
- Increased competition for places in good schools or universities.
- Qualified teachers leaving the profession in droves – 23% of teachers who qualified in the UK since 2011 have already left.